The multinational Mercaptoacetic Acid market had reached xxx million USD with a CAGR xx from 2015-2019. Later on, it will go to xxx million USD in 2020 with a CAGR xx % from 2020 to 2025.
Mercaptoacetic Acid, also known as thioglycolic acid (TGA) is a clear, combustible liquid which oxidizes in air to form disulfides and an unpleasant odor. Mercaptoacetic acid consists of thiol or mercaptan and carboxylic acid.
Mercaptoacetic Acid was first developed in the early 1940s by Dr. Ralph Evans in Hoboken, New Jersey, as an active material for cold wave permanents.
Mercaptoacetic acid or thioglycolic acid is primarily used in hair care products for straightening or waving hair and as depilatory (hair removal) chemical. Mercaptoacetic acid is also used as a chemical intermediate for mercaptan chemicals such as ammonium thioglycolate, sodium thioglycolate and calcium thioglycolate. Furthermore, mercaptoacetic acid is used for preparing thioglycolic broth as a media for microbiological cultures. Additionally, with emergence, awareness and popularity of fashion trends people are experimenting and using more hair care products such as hair removal chemicals, hair straightening and hair waving products. Mercaptoacetic acid is widely used for body hair removal by salons, beauty parlors, hospitals (for surgery) and households among others.
In the global Mercaptoacetic Acid market, This report focuses particularly in North America, South America, Europe and Asia-Pacific, and Middle East and Africa. This report classifies the market on the basis of application, type, regions, and manufactures.
In market segmentation by manufacturers, the report covers the following companies-
Ever Flourish Chemical
In market segmentation by geographical regions, the report has analysed the following regions-
North America (USA, Canada and Mexico)
Europe (Germany, France, UK, Russia and Italy)
Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, Korea, India and Southeast Asia)
South America (Brazil, Argentina, Columbia etc.)
Middle East and Africa (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt, Nigeria and South Africa)
In market segmentation by types :
High Purity Grade ( ≥99%)
Technical Grade ( 80%-99%)
Low Purity Grade ( <80%)
In market segmentation by applications :
Hair Careand & Cosmetic Product
The research provides answers to the following key questions:
• What is the estimated growth rate and market share and size of the Mercaptoacetic Acid market for the forecast period 2020 - 2025?
• What are the driving forces in the Mercaptoacetic Acid market for the forecast period 2020 - 2025?
• Who are the prominent market players and how have they gained a competitive edge over other competitors?
• What are the market trends influencing the progress of the Mercaptoacetic Acid industry worldwide?
• What are the major challenges and threats restricting the progress of the industry?
• What opportunities does the market hold for the prominent market players?